Danby Certified Warranty
LIMITED APPLIANCE WARRANTY
A Danby certified product is warranted to be free from manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship, provided that the unit is used under the normal operating conditions intended by the manufacturer.
This warranty is available only to the person to whom the unit was originally sold by Danby Products Limited (Canada) or Danby Products Inc. (U.S.A.) (hereafter “Danby”) or by an authorized distributor of Danby, and is non-transferable.
TERMS OF WARRANTY
Plastic parts, are warranted for thirty (30) days only from purchase date, with no extensions provided.
First Year - During the first twelve (12) months, any functional parts of this product found to be defective, will be repaired or replaced, at warrantor’s option, at no charge to the ORIGINAL purchaser.
To obtain service - It will be the consumer’s responsibility to transport the appliance (at their own expense) to a service depot for repair. Contact your nearest Service authorized Danby service depot, where service must be performed by a qualified service technician. If service is performed on the unit by anyone other than an authorized service depot, or the unit is used for commercial application, all obligations of Danby under this warranty shall be void.
Nothing within this warranty shall imply that Danby will be responsible or liable for any spoilage or damage to food or other contents of this appliance, whether due to any defect of the appliance, or its use, whether proper or improper.
Save as herein provided, Danby, there are no other warranties, conditions, representations or guarantees, express or implied, made or intended by Danby or its authorized distributors and all other warranties, conditions, representations or guarantees, including any warranties, conditions, representations or guarantees under any Sale of Goods Act or like legislation or statue is hereby expressly excluded. Save as herein provided, Danby shall not be responsible for any damages to persons or property, including the unit itself, howsoever caused or any consequential damages arising from the malfunction of the unit and by the purchase of the unit, the purchaser does hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Danby from any claim for damages to persons or property caused by the unit.
No warranty or insurance herein contained or set out shall apply when damage or repair is caused by any of the following:
1) Power failure.
2) Damage in transit or when moving the appliance.
3) Improper power supply such as low voltage, defective house wiring or inadequate fuses.
4) Accident, alteration, abuse or misuse of the appliance such as inadequate air circulation in the room or abnormal operating conditions (extremely high or low room temperature).
5) Use for commercial or industrial purposes (ie. If the appliance is not installed in a domestic residence).
6) Fire, water damage, theft, war, riot, hostility, acts of God such as hurricanes, floods etc.
7) Service calls resulting in customer education.
8) Improper Installation (ie. Building-in of a free standing appliance or using an appliance outdoors that is not approved for outdoor application). Proof of purchase date will be required for warranty claims; so, please retain bill of sale. In the event warranty service is required present this document to our AUTHORIZED SERVICE DEPOT.
Warranty Service: Carry-In or Mail-In
Customer Service: 1-800-263-2629
Danby Products Limited PO Box 1778, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1H 6Z9 Telephone: (519) 837-0920 FAX: (519) 837-0449Danby Products Inc. PO Box 669, Findlay, Ohio, U.S.A. 45840 Telephone: (419) 425-8627 FAX: (419) 425-8627